Friday, April 27, 2007

Burnout 2008...

Democrats had their first political debate last night... and guess what, I didn't watch it.

I normally really enjoy watching debates between candidates, regardless of political affiliation. I enjoy the tact of the responses, and trying to figure out what they are "really" saying, and not jsut the political bullshit they expect most Americans to believe. It is a test of wits, and really shows the measure of a candidate.

But, honestly, I am just burnt out on this election. Election day 2008 is so far away... and yet the media hype and buzz over candidates has already killed any desire for me to learn anything about what is going on. I am sick and tired of hearing all the talkign heads debating the candidates pros, cons, and missteps. Everytime I turn on the TV or read the paper, it is right there, like an incessant buzzing in my ear.

Candidates need to just stop... stop spending money, stop camapaigning, and wait. Go back to your JOBS in Washington... vote like you are supposed to and get some stuff done. Come back in a year and maybe I won't be so tired of hearing what you have to say. Hell, you might even have something to say and some real solutions!

Blah... for those of you who did watch the debate, congratulations. Let me know how it went... or better yet, just let me know when you get burnt out on the election too. We can have a party.

No comments: